We’re looking for a back end engineer to join our team and immediately take ownership of our WordPress-powered marketing website. You will also contribute to and help shape the future of our game-changing commercial insurance platform. Initially, you will be tasked with building new features as well as maintaining existing features on our marketing website using clear, concise, and scalable code. You are likely a good fit for our culture and this opportunity if…
- Been implementing features and resolving bugs in PHP 7.0+ professionally for 3+ years.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. Self-taught engineers are welcome.
- Strong coding fundamentals and a demonstrated track record of high-quality engineering.
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs and page lifecycles.
- Extensive experience with WordPress development.
- Comfort with front end languages like jQuery, Vue, and SCSS/SASS as bonus points.
- Experience with Laravel as even more bonus points.
- Working knowledge of using a Dockerized environment.
- Understanding of Git, agile, and CI/CD concepts.
- A passion for code and learning new skills.
- Work flexibly in a startup environment which may require wearing multiple hats.
- Keep up to date with latest practices, framework updates, and rapidly changing technical landscapes.
- Communicate advanced concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work effectively in an agile environment.
- Own and maintain a mission critical repository.
- Participate in discussions and review of wireframes, mockups, story grooming, and sprint planning.
- Author detailed documentation describing complex systems and methodologies.
Layr is a venture-backed insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage business insurance. We create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with a delightful, modern, and familiar user experience. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation packages are pre-budgeted and based on a continued analysis of fair market rates.
We offer health, dental, and vision insurance with Layr paying 99% of employee and 50% of dependent premiums.
Interested in accelerating your professional growth? We'll help fund that online course you've had your eye on.
Follow through on commitments to your teammates and Layr customers and enjoy generous vacation time.