We’re looking for a communications intern to join our team for the fall 2019 semester. You will be tasked with helping companies throughout the country discover the joy of becoming a Layr customer by crafting and communicating our offerings across both traditional and modern digital channels. You are likely a good fit for our culture and this opportunity if…
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Currently studying marketing, communications, or a related field at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- A natural storyteller.
- Author and edit thoughtful, compelling, and interesting copy for social media.
- Effectively engage with individuals, companies, and brands on social media.
- Research and contribute to press, media, and influencer lists.
- Author concise and compelling press releases.
- Tell stories in ways that journalists, bloggers, influencers, and target customers find irresistible.
- Interview Layr customers to uncover success stories that can be turned into case studies.
- Be available to work both remotely and on-site for at least 20 hours per week during the duration of the internship.
- Attend occasional startup-related events in and around Atlanta.
- Startup Culture
Layr is an insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage the business insurance they're required to have. To do this, we create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with the ability to manage their insurance like they manage all their other business services: online and without speaking to a person. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Where We Work
Our main office is located in ATDC at Tech Square in the heart of Midtown Atlanta. Walking distance to public transportation, Georgia Tech, and a variety of restaurants and bars, we love the vibrant, diverse, and growing community we’re proud to call home.