We’re looking for a communications manager to build and lead our communications team and oversee the implementation and management of Layr’s strategic communications plan. You will be tasked with developing strong company messaging that helps entrepreneurs and companies throughout the country discover the joy of becoming a Layr customer by crafting and communicating our offerings across both traditional and modern digital channels including events, social media, and video. You are likely a good fit for our culture and this opportunity if…
- A B2B communications or marketing leader with 3-5 years of experience.
- A phenomenal writer and editor.
- A natural storyteller.
- Not afraid of getting in front of the camera to record video content that will be distributed digtitally.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to perform whatever work is needed to get the job done.
- Take ownership of, recruit for, and oversee a communications team.
- Make a complex or confusing business service approachable.
- Effectively engage with individuals, companies, and brands on social media.
- Leverage experience to project manage key communications projects.
- Create project and campaign plans, budgets, timelines, and schedules.
- Tell stories in ways that journalists, bloggers, influencers, and target customers find irresistible.
- Conduct regular brand review to benchmark Layr communications against major competitors and initiate corrective actions.
- Organize and attend local, national, and occasional global conferences, trade shows, and key events.
- Startup Culture
- Memes and Gifs
- Lime La Croix
Layr is an insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage the business insurance they're required to have. To do this, we create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with the ability to manage their insurance like they manage all their other business services: online and without speaking to a person. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Where We Work
Our main office is located in ATDC at Tech Square in the heart of Midtown Atlanta. Walking distance to public transportation, Georgia Tech, and a variety of restaurants and bars, we love the vibrant, diverse, and growing community we’re proud to call home.