We’re looking for a devops engineer to join our team and immediately begin shaping the future of our game-changing commercial insurance platform. You will be tasked with designing, implementing, and ensuring devops best practices within our merge, build, verification, and deployment processes. You are likely a good fit for our culture and this opportunity if…
- Been working on scalable web applications professionally for 3+ years.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. Self-taught engineers are welcome.
- A strong understanding of the value in quality and continuous delivery.
- A desire to help teams release frequently and often.
- Strong coding fundamentals and a demonstrable track record of high quality engineering.
- More stars on GitHub than you can keep track of.
- Participate in strategic technical discussions and make recommendations with respect to architecture, security, and scalability.
- Design, develop, and support infrastructure as code. (IaC)
- Learn new programming languages on your own and adapt to rapidly changing technical landscapes.
- Communicate and document technical designs and requirements.
- Work with engineers, product managers, and management to identify and resolve build or deployment challenges.
- Startup Culture
Layr is a fast-paced insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage the business insurance they're required to have. To do this, we create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with the ability to manage their insurance like they manage all their other business services: online and without speaking to a person. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.