We’re looking for a frontend engineer to join our team and work to improve the Layr marketing website and commercial insurance platform. You will be tasked with both new designs as well as design refreshes on existing customer-facing web elements using beautiful and modern frontend principles. You are likely a good fit for our culture and this opportunity if…
- Been building frontends for web applications professionally for 3+ years.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. Self-taught engineers are welcome.
- Fluency in core frontend programming languages including JavasScript, HTML, and CSS.
- Strong frontend fundamentals and a demonstrable track record of high quality frontend engineering.
- Strong UI, UX, and design sensibilities with an eye that can spot even minimally out of place pixels.
- Participate in design, marketing, and engineering discussions and make recommendations with respect to UI, UX, and visual design.
- Learn new frontend programming languages on your own and adapt to rapidly changing technical landscapes.
- Communicate and document technical designs and requirements.
- Explain complex frontend concepts to engineers, product managers, marketing, and management.
- Startup Culture
Layr is a fast-paced insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage the business insurance they're required to have. To do this, we create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with the ability to manage their insurance like they manage all their other business services: online and without speaking to a person. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.