We’re looking for a product designer who can spot out of place pixels and confusing user flows with the simplest glance at a screen. You will be tasked with designing delightful online interfaces, collaborating with product engineers, and creating user experiences that enable entrepreneurs and companies throughout the country to discover the joy of becoming a Layr customer. You are likely a good fit for our culture and this opportunity if…
- Been designing user experiences and interfaces for web applications professionally for 3+ years.
- A bachelor’s degree in industrial design, graphic design or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. Self-taught designers are welcome.
- A proven designer of user interfaces and experiences which have been deployed across a number of products and have been used by different demographics.
- Experienced with current UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and web.
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other common design tools.
- Create user flows, wireframes, mockups, customer journey maps, and other tools to guide the product design and development process.
- Translate research into beautiful and engaging interfaces and experiences which satisfy user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints.
- Convert wireframes and mockups into pixel-perfect visual composites with attention to interaction design and brand guidelines.
- Develop comprehensive annotated design specifications and functional documentation for our engineering team.
- Establish, design, and maintain a style kit and reusable component framework.
- Collaborate with engineers to conceptualize, design, and develop new product concepts.
- Share a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant mobile and web design work that you’re proud of.
- Startup Culture
- Memes and Gifs
- Lime La Croix
Layr is an insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage the business insurance they're required to have. To do this, we create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with the ability to manage their insurance like they manage all their other business services: online and without speaking to a person. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Where We Work
Our main office is located in ATDC at Tech Square in the heart of Midtown Atlanta. Walking distance to public transportation, Georgia Tech, and a variety of restaurants and bars, we love the vibrant, diverse, and growing community we’re proud to call home.