We’re looking for a senior software development engineer in test to join our team and immediately begin shaping the future of our game-changing business insurance platform. You will be tasked with leading the mission-critical efforts of end to end testing and load testing to ensure application stability. You are likely a good fit for our culture and this opportunity if…
- Been developing automated testing solutions professionally for 3+ years.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. Self-taught engineers are welcome.
- A deep understanding of testing concepts, methodologies, and cloud architecture.
- Experience load testing using JMeter, Locust, or similar technologies.
- Experience writing end to end tests using Cypress.
- Strong coding fundamentals and a demonstrable track record of high-quality engineering.
- Research and establish team-wide best practices.
- Participate in strategic technical discussions and make recommendations with respect to architecture, security, and scalability.
- Assist in reporting and tracking bugs using JIRA tickets.
- Learn new programming languages, frameworks, and concepts on your own and adapt to rapidly changing technical landscapes.
- Communicate and document technical designs and requirements.
- Explain complex technical concepts to designers, product managers, and management.
- Startup Culture
- Memes and Gifs
- Lime La Croix
Layr is an insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage the business insurance they're required to have. To do this, we create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with the ability to manage their insurance like they manage all their other business services: online and without speaking to a person. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Where We Work
Our main office is located in ATDC at Tech Square in the heart of Midtown Atlanta. Walking distance to public transportation, Georgia Tech, and a variety of restaurants and bars, we love the vibrant, diverse, and growing community we’re proud to call home.