We’re looking for a great UX researcher to join us in the work of creating delightful user experiences for our customers and internal stakeholders. A bright and naturally collaborative person, you understand how to recommend appropriate methods of research and can confidently use data to solve observed user experience challenges while uncovering hidden issues. You’re likely a good fit for our culture and this opportunity if…
- 3+ years using qualitative and quantitative data to solve user experience challenges professionally.
- A bachelor’s degree in visual design, graphic design, engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. We welcome self-taught researches.
- A portfolio showcasing a deep understanding of customer problems and the elegant but practical solutions you helped implement.
- Deep knowledge of current UX best practices that align and facilitate decision-making among stakeholders.
- Experience working on multiple products concurrently while taking the initiative to identify new problems and act on opportunities to improve products and processes.
- A demonstrable competency with agile software development methodologies.
- Lead UX and research efforts to build our research workflow and define improved experiences across our products.
- Embed sound user research into the foundation and fabric of every feature we ship.
- Take the lead to define problems, research solutions, and define requirements.
- Understand complex user flows and break them down with a critical eye.
- Translate user insights into actionable next steps for product and design.
- Algin with product managers and designers to drive products forward, prepare features for development, and answer key user experience questions or unknowns.
- Support engineering by communicating discoveries early, documenting product requirements, and providing UX support throughout the development life cycle.
- Present visual, spoken, and written learnings in appropriate detail across audiences.
Layr is a venture-backed insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage business insurance. We create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with a delightful, modern, and familiar user experience. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation packages are pre-budgeted and based on a continued analysis of fair market rates.
We offer health, dental, and vision insurance with Layr paying 99% of employee and 50% of dependent premiums.
Interested in accelerating your professional growth? We'll help fund that online course you've had your eye on.
Follow through on commitments to your teammates and Layr customers and enjoy generous vacation time.