This paid internship is open to current risk management students attending an accredited four year university in the United States who are interested in learning about the commercial property and casualty insurance industry within a fast-paced startup committed to introducing new insurance processes that are faster, easier, and more accurate. Layr has revolutionized the way America’s small and medium-sized companies purchase and manage their liability insurance by enabling them to get the layer of protection they need to succeed and pay for it monthly with a credit card entirely online.
- Applicants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of application.
- Applicants must be a full-time student currently enrolled at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in risk management.
- Applicants must demonstrate a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- Applicants must be available to work on-site at Layr’s office located at Tech Square in Atlanta, GA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have my property and casualty insurance license?
Not at all. In fact, one of the benefits of this internship program is that we pay for interns to complete the class required to obtain their property and casualty insurance license in Georgia.
Can I complete my internship remotely?
Risk management internships can be partially performed remotely. However, all interns will be required to attend an in-person orientation along with periodic in-person checkins throughout the internship period.
What kinds of tasks do risk management interns handle?
Layr interns perform a variety of tasks. The most common ones include: authoring articles, evergreen content, and customer case studies; shadowing the customer success team to process renewals, audits, and other insurance related tasks; researching and preparing reports on emerging insurance products and industries.