This college scholarship is open to current risk management students attending an accredited four year university in the United States who are interested in taking an active role in transforming the commercial insurance industry by developing well-researched ideas that have the potential to automate inefficient processes, introduce new distribution models, or improve the overall customer experience of purchasing and managing business liability insurance.
Award & Benefits
Each scholarship period, a total of $3,000 will be awarded to a first, second, and third place winner. The first place winner will receive $1,500, the second place winner will receive $1,000, and the third place winner will receive $500. In addition to the financial award, each of the three winners will receive the following benefits:
- An invitation to be interviewed for the Impact Insurance “Future of Business Insurance” series.
- Their entire essay published and featured in the Impact Insurance blog.
- An invitation to participate in the Impact Insurance paid internship.
- Applicants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of application.
- Applicants must be a full-time student currently enrolled at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in risk management.
- Applicants must demonstrate a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average.
Each scholarship application submitted will be carefully evaluated and the winners will be selected by an independent committee consisting of three (3) commercial insurance industry professionals with no employment or financial affiliation to Layr. For each scholarship period, an entirely new committee will be selected to evaluate the applications from that specific semester.